Beginner Bob's lessons learned and shortcuts shared.
After a hiatus of about twenty years I started biking for transportation again. So, I might as well have started over again. I'm learning a lot about equipment, technique, and places to go. Hope this helps you.
- Rock Creek Park Sunday Loop, a nice standby.
- Poplar Lick ORV Trail, get your feet wet on this one, literally.
- Savage River Road, Paved, gentle gradient, pretty.
- Accotink Lake Loop, pleasant, easy, close.
- Cub Run Road, a variety of climbs for every taste.
- North Fork of Tye River Road, a nice ride up a steady little creek gorge.
- Sugarloaf Circuit, mixed paved and gravel, some hard uphills.
- New River Gorge WV, Brooklyn to Southside Junction, I thought this was more like single-track than Rail-Trail.
- Waterford VA
- Clopper Lake
- Jack Island FL
- Shark Valley FL
- Florida Biking Books
- DC Area Biking Books